2018 Yamaha YZ85
HOW CHAMPIONS GET THEIR START.
Light, nimble and packed with race‑winning DNA.
- Engine Type: 85cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 47.5mm x 47.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK 28
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc, 190mm
- Tires / Front: 70/100-17 Dunlop®
- Tires / Rear: 90/100-14 Dunlop®
- L x W x H: 71.7 in. x 29.9 in. x 44.3 in.
- Seat Height: 33.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.5 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.2 deg.
- Trail: 3.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gal.
- Wet Weight***: 157 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Modern Styling: Aggressive, modern styling includes the front fender, number plate, radiator shroud and side number plates.
- Adjustable Controls: Clutch lever reach adjuster to accommodate smaller hands for younger riders.
- Compact Two-Stroke Powerplant: Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed-valve-inducted six-speed is light, compact and designed to deliver hard-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the rpm range.
- Close-Ratio Transmission: Smooth-shifting, six-speed close-ratio transmission with heavy duty multiplate clutch delivers maximum hookup for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
- Strong, Compact Frame: Ultra-rigid, single-backbone, semi-double-cradle frame is lightweight and strong for sharp handling.
- Race-Ready Suspension: Fully adjustable suspension allows a broad adjustment range to suit everybody from rank novice to mini expert.
- Compact, Powerful Two-Stroke: 85cc liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve-inducted, two-stroke engine inhales through a 28mm Keihin® flat-slide carburetor; seamless throttle response across the powerband is the result.
- Reliable Clutch Design: Involute spline set-up in clutch means smoother shifting under power with great durability at competition-level usage. A two-piece clutch cover provides easy access during maintenance.
- High Capacity Radiator: Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers, and the water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Race-Tuned Exhaust: Lightweight exhaust system design helps create a broader powerband with stronger low-end punch.
- High-Flow Airbox: Airbox design ensures greater air cleaning performance and easier maintenance.
- Lightweight Subframe: Rear subframe is removable to allow easy maintenance.
- Fully-Adjustable Fork: Lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability, and low-friction outer tubes and internals.
- Fully Adjustable Shock: Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba® link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel and race-tested compression damping valving.
- High Performance Brakes: 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc brakes with stainless steel rotors deliver strong, precise stopping power.
- Lightweight Wheels: Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Race-Ready Tires: Dunlop® knobbies provide great traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
- Smart Rider Ergonomics: Wide handlebar and flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide rider with leverage and freedom of movement and weight transfer.
- Grippy Footpegs: Wide foot pegs provide superb comfort and grip.
- Simplified Servicing: Separate clutch cover with transmission oil filler opening makes for easy maintenance.
- Fuel Tank Design: Fuel tank cap is wider for easier usage, and large tank opening ensures fast, hassle-free refueling.
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- 85cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 47.5mm x 47.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK 28
- Front Suspension
- Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
- Front Tire
- 70/100-17 Dunlop®
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc, 190mm
- Rear Tire
- 90/100-14 Dunlop®
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 157 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 gal.
- 49.5 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in.
- 3.5 in.
- 26.2 deg.
- Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)